Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hadley...


Hadley is getting bold in her old age.  I think she knows that we aren't going to really get mad at her after all this time.  She spends most of her time sleeping on the couch- something that is technically against the rules.  She occasionally ventures upstairs- I don't know if I should be mad or impressed that she can still navigate wood stairs at 10 years old.  She will get into the pantry and eat whatever she can reach and leave trash all over the floor- yesterday it was croutons and animal crackers.  But last week she got into my purse and took a box of raisins which are toxic to dogs.  I had to take her to the vet to get a shot to induce vomiting. She was not a happy camper and frankly neither was I when I got the bill! Here she is post- shot at the vet...
 Trying to stay sitting on the ride home...
and recovering for the rest of the day.
Hopefully she learned her lesson!
I learned that hydrogen peroxide can make a dog vomit too- and it is much cheaper than the vet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment