Sunday, June 29, 2014

Long Lost Blog

It has been a LONG time since I've updated the blog.  A few days before Memorial Day, I called my sister and ended up talking to her boss about a job opening in the Austin area.  This started a whirlwind of thinking and talking about going back to work (something I was not even considering doing yet), preparing for interviews, updating my resume, shopping for work clothes, and starting a new job!  I still can't believe I'm back in the working world.  Once I got the job, I had to start the nanny search- something that was emotional, exhausting and a lot harder than I ever expected.  I officially started work on June 16th and it has been crazy.  I was in Dallas for training, then in Temple and Killeen doing ride alongs, camping for the weekend and then back to Dallas for another week of training.  The kids and I just got back yesterday afternoon.  They have been troopers- having other people care for them (Thank you, Grammy, Gramma Dar and Miss Sarah!!), sleeping in different places and having their worlds turned upside down.  On our drive back from Dallas Brady said, "Why did you have to get a job anyways, Mama?"  good question!!  I do think this will be good for the kids and me in the long run but these last 2 weeks have been LONG!  I will do my best to catch the blog up on all of our adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment